1. Will theCOVID-19 vaccine give me COVID?
- NO! The COVID-19vaccines do not contain the live virus that causes COVID-19.
2. What are the side effects of the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Swelling or pain at the injection site
- Fever or headache
- Muscle or joint pain
- All the above are normal signs that your body is building protection after receiving the vaccine
3. Can I still get COVID-19 after receiving the vaccination?
- YES! It usually takes a few weeks for the body to build immunity after receiving a vaccine.That means that it is still possible that a person could be infected with the virus. This is because the vaccine has not had enough time to provide protection.
4. How many shots of COVID-19 vaccine will be needed?
- Two – the Pfizer vaccine requires a second dose to be given 21 days after the first dose; the Moderna vaccine requires a second dose to be given 28 days after the first dose.
5. Do I need to continue wearing a mask after getting the vaccine?
- YES! The Center for Disease Control recommends all people to wear a mask that covers both the nose and the mouth when there is a chance of being within 6 ft. of someone else.
6. If I have already had COVID-19, do I still need to get vaccinated?
- YES, however, if you are currently infected with COVID-19, you should not receive the vaccine until your illness has resolved and you have met the criteria to discontinue isolation.